Friday, September 6, 2013

Introduction (ENG262)

Who am I?

It seems like such a simple question; and yet - not simple at all.  Who am I?  The long and complicated answer:  that depends.  The short (and accurate) answer:  I am me.

I am many things to many people, including myself.  On any given day I am styled as Mother, Wife, Sister, Grandmother, a Friend.  I am also given the epithet (at less glorious times) of employee, neighbor, homeschooler, shopper, driver, gardener, crafter, chef, cleaning woman, writer, handywoman, nursemaid, and on rare occasion - grumpy bitch.

I am many things.  Who I am?  I am a compilation of years of self-learning, of streetwise ingenuity, of abuse at the hands of others and of self.  I am many, many years of education, in a variety of settings, from a variety of instructors. I am a consortium of ancestral histories, selectively handed down and reiterated. I am experienced, mature (yikes!) and foolish more often than I care to admit.
 But in the end, I am everything to a couple, and something to more than a few - and that is exactly who I want to be.

1 comment:

  1. You've got the short solo form down pat--no wasted energy, no material escaping from your control, and no material so controlled or over-controlled that it's DOA. I think of these as miniatures, just meant to offer a glimpse, a silhouette--they have to be quick and accurate both. You handle all that in style.

    But, whoa--go to settings/comments/word verification and say no no no where right now it says yes.

    ReplyDelete